2-Minute Peppermint Mocha | Grishmapolitan: 2-Minute Peppermint Mocha

Friday 9 January 2015

2-Minute Peppermint Mocha

When I was in high school, I spent many weekend mornings pretending to be a chef on the Food Network. I never actually cooked anything cool ("and now I'm just going to sprinkle some of this cereal into my bowl of cold milk") which is probably why I still don't know how to cook a proper meal. Honestly, for someone who's spent as much time watching the Food Network as I have, it's pretty ridiculous that I can only cook four things.

This morning, instead of walking to a cafe to get my peppermint mocha fix, I decided to make my own. Not from scratch, obviously, but in a high-school Grishma's semi-homemade cooking way. 

Three ingredients. Two minutes.


I heated up a mug of 2% milk for 1:30 in my microwave, and mixed in 2 tablespoons of Trader Joe's Peppermint Hot Chocolate and 1 tablespoon of instant coffee.

This particular hot chocolate mix is really creamy and has just the right amount of minty goodness. I like my drinks really potent, so if you want something a bit lighter, I'd recommend mixing in 1 tsp of coffee instead.

Happy sipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment