February Resolution Recap | Grishmapolitan: February Resolution Recap

Tuesday 3 March 2015

February Resolution Recap

This month, I challenged myself to hike once every week. One of my new years resolutions is to spend more time in nature, and because the weather in Arizona is fantastic right now, I figured I'd be least likely to make excuses.

I hiked every Saturday:

Week 1: Barks Canyon Loop in the Superstition Mountains
Week 2: Papago Park
Week 3: Lake Pleasant
Week 4: Papago Park (again)


What Made it Difficult
I picked February because I knew the words "it's too hot!" wouldn't leave my mouth. The urges I did have to fight were: this early?? uuugh or I could stay in bed.... my to-do list is too big! so much to do! no time for a hike!

But I made myself go. On days that I couldn't go off for a full day's hike, I took a couple of hours to go to Papago Park instead.


What I Learned
I don't like exercising for the sake of it, but I learned that it's important for me to exercise so that I can explore parts of the world I wouldn't get to otherwise. I didn't even bother making a resolution to exercise more this year because I've never enjoyed the process of it, but I have a clearer goal now--exercising allows me to do more of what I want.

Now What?
I love the feeling of being in a desolate, natural space. I love plants, I love the breeze, I love the silence. I love how friendly everyone is (no really... look at this email!)


Everyone is always so happy to be in nature. There's such positive vibes flowing around, and I want to immerse myself in them. I want to challenge myself and do tougher hikes. Taller peaks = better views. Who knows, maybe I'll make it to the top of Mt. Humphreys this year!







No comments:

Post a Comment