Graduation Outfit (Woo!) | Grishmapolitan: Graduation Outfit (Woo!)

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Graduation Outfit (Woo!)

Last week, I graduated with my Masters degree in secondary math education!

Being a full-time student on top of my first two years of teaching forced me to evolve the way I thought about myself, time, feelings, success, relationships, etc. etc. (basically, it took what would have otherwise been a 10-year growth process and condensed it into two years)

But I don't want to talk about that yet. Right now I want to show you what I wore to my graduation!


I used the Ion Color Brillians Brights in Red to dye the ends of my hair


Dress is from ASOS // Tights are from NY&C // Watch is from Fossil


Age Quod Agis means “do well in whatever you do.” It comforted me two years ago while I sat terrified at my graduation, about to get degrees in philosophy(!) and classics(!) and on my way to be a math teacher(??) At graduation, I sat terrified again, unsure of what the future holds (but with a blue hood around my neck this time!) and was comforted not just by a stronger belief in age quod agis, but by those who I’ve worked so hard for.

What pushed me to becoming a better teacher was never the discussion posts or papers, but the names you see on this cap. I love these students and I love the community we’ve created in my classroom, and I’m so happy they could walk with me at my graduation.

Here are a few more photos from the night!



No comments:

Post a Comment