Exfoliating Scalp Scrub | Grishmapolitan: Exfoliating Scalp Scrub

Thursday 6 November 2014

Exfoliating Scalp Scrub

Guys. My head's going crazy right now.

Transitionary periods between seasons leave me with flaky skin all over. I use various exfoliators for my face and body, but lately I've been noticing that my scalp needs exfoliating too. Lately, no matter how often I wash my hair (and I try not to more than three times a week) I always have dandruff.

There are tons and tons of at-home recipes for scalp exfoliators. You can use everything from brown sugar, baking soda, even quinoa (though I'm not sure if it's going to clog up your drain?) with conditioner, oils, shampoos, etc.

I'm going to share a recipe I tried today, but I just want to give you a heads up: if you have thick, wavy hair like me, this scrub is going to make your hair really fluffy. (It might actually be a great volumizing scrub if you have thin hair... Let me know if you try it!)



1. 2-3 tbs of salt // 2. 2 tbs of coconut oil // 3. 2 tbs of Paul Mitchell's Smoothing conditioner

I mixed these ingredients together in a little bowl and worked them into my scalp for about 5 minutes. Do this in the shower (not over the sink, like I originally did) because it'll get messy really quickly. Let's just say I had to bust out my vacuum. I rinsed and washed my hair as normal, and now my hair feels a lot smoother.


I'm going to wait a couple of days before deciding if it helped my scalp, but I am happy with my hair. I pulled out a lot more hair than usual after my shower, and I'm hoping it's just because it's old, almost-dead hair that "loosened up" while I exfoliated.

After getting out of the shower, I also dabbed a bit of Lush's R&B over the ends of my hair to keep them moisturized and healthy!



If you have any tips on a healthy scalp/hair, I'd love to hear them!



No comments:

Post a Comment