Starbucks Chestnut Praline Latte Tastes Like... | Grishmapolitan: Starbucks Chestnut Praline Latte Tastes Like...

Saturday 22 November 2014

Starbucks Chestnut Praline Latte Tastes Like...

I'm holding a chestnut praline latte as I type this. Well, okay, not literally. But it's within arm's reach.

Numerous friends and baristas have described this drink to me, and all of them were so vague that I honestly still have no idea what this drink tastes like.

And you're talking to a person who nodded and said "uh huh, totally" while reading about a blind person's description of lemonade as "square" because it pricked his tongue like square things pricked his hands. (The whole essay, by Annie Dillard, can be found here. I forgot how good it is... might have to do an entire post on that one.)

Anyway.

This latte, apparently, tastes like:
"Christmas morning." (what?) 
"Syrup and waffles and christmas breakfast." (...what?)
"That warm Christmas feeling." (................................what?)
I thought I'd try it, just to see what the fuss is about, and do my best to describe it.

Alright. Here goes.




















It tastes like hazelnuts. And cinnamon. And a chunk of bark off a christmas tree.

(Just kidding. It does taste like hazelnuts and cinnamon though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment