"Fruit Snacks" | Grishmapolitan: "Fruit Snacks"

Monday 15 September 2014

"Fruit Snacks"

If it's 4pm, I'm probably craving a nap, and hating myself for it.

My tiredness has been persistent for years now, and my doctor recommended I start taking a general multivitamin and a B-100 vitamin.

(B-Vitamins help increase your energy by making it easier for your body to convert food into calories. After a month of consistent use along with a multivitamin, they've also shown to reduce feelings of stress and improve one's mood.)

I want my body to function well. Ideally, I'd exercise every day and eat well-balanced meals. But it's so hard. Don't get me wrong, I'm up on my feet and moving around all day. But my body needs more energy to do everything I want. I don't want to spend all my energy working, then trying to recover energy so that I can go back to work.

But I don't like taking medicine. I'm a gotta-ride-it-out, lets-build-up-my-immune-system sickie. My worst nightmare: having a little weekly pill box filled with this and that to keep my body running properly.

If I have a vitamin deficiency, I want to see if I can get those nutrients from food before relying on supplements. But I don't really know how to feed myself. Or cook regularly.

This is usually the point when I'd start obsessively reading health blogs and cataloguing recipes and then not actually cooking anything I find.

Nope, not gonna do it.

Baby steps.

I'm all about making good choices as easy as possible. So every Sunday, I'm getting a bunch of fruit and chopping it up. I Keep it in tupperware in the fridge, so if I'm ever in the mood for a snack, I know exactly where to go (i.e. not to Taco Bell)



Sometimes I just want a half an apple. Sometimes I want three. Cutting it into bite size pieces makes eating fruit way, way easy.

Here's a little tip: To keep fruit from getting mushy as quickly, squeeze a half a lime into the tupperware before you toss it in the fridge. It'll preserve the fruit!

For now, I'm taking the vitamins every day. But hopefully I can wean myself off of vitamins and just, you know, fuel my body properly.

One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment