Medicine Cabinets for Minimalists | Grishmapolitan: Medicine Cabinets for Minimalists

Saturday 11 October 2014

Medicine Cabinets for Minimalists

I'm almost done unpacking into my new apartment (almost a month later... but for a good reason! More on that soon.) But today I wanted to share what's in my medicine cabinet. 

I'm the daughter of anxious parents, so I've grown up with medicine cabinets that are stuffed full. My parents even put extras of medicine in other bags around their closet. Predictably, my own medicine cabinet was a well-equipped first-aid kit. That, and about a billion little bottles of lotion, chapstick, lip gloss, etc. etc.

I noticed that a lot of my medicine expired before I ever used it. Partly because I don't get sick very often, partly because I don't really like taking medicine. So, I began downsizing. 

I only keep pain-relievers, cold medicine, a thermometer, and some band-aids. I figure that I can buy everything else as needed. I've also dedicated the top shelf for travel-sized containers (so that they're easy to toss into a bag for quick packing.) One lotion. One lip balm. Replace as needed.

This might still look cluttered to some of you super minimalists, but here are my current essentials:


And here are some top picks:

I've used these for over five years and absolutely love them. The tips are angled sideways as well as inwards, so they hurt less than other tweezers I've tried. I wipe the tips with a small dab of hand sanitizer to disinfect them before use. 

I use them for chapped lips, dry areas, and--yes--cleaning.

I don't use this as body lotion because it has a very strong smell, but I dab a little bit on my temples before a bath or when I'm trying to relax--it's really soothing.

4. Make Your Own Bandages//Urban Outfitters: 
Comes with 20 pastel bandaids, 3 markers, and makes wounds just a little less terrible. I wasn't able to find these online (I got these at a store in Boston a few years ago) but if you find these at a store please let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment