Natural Cold/Flu Relievers | Grishmapolitan: Natural Cold/Flu Relievers

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Natural Cold/Flu Relievers

I have this thing about medicine/pills... I don't like them. I'm not against them, I'm not an anti-vaccine movement nutso, no no no. I just try not to take medicine unless I have to. I was sick with a cold all week, and I want to share my top non-nyquil remedies:

(If you're looking for herbal remedies, stop reading this now.)

Still there? Great!

1. Sleep. Even if there's something good on TV. Even if there are a thousand funny pictures online. Sleep.

2. Shower, even if you don't want to. Sure, your body is achy and you already feel gross and you know that you'll become snotty and gross 2 seconds after you step out of the shower, but the warm steam will clear out sinuses and make you feel better. Promise.

3. Speaking of runny noses... I stuff tissues up my nose (who has time to reach for a tissue every 2 seconds?) It helps, I swear!

4. Stay hydrated! Chugging water is obviously the best, but if you need a little more flavor:


Mint Tea w/lemon & honey // Coconut Water // Blueprint Juice // Lemon-water & Cucumber-water

I previously wrote about why I stopped drinking coffee, but recently came across a new study that states that coffee doesn't seem to dehydrate you after all. That said, you should probably still keep away from it while you're sick, because it'll make you jittery when you should be relaxing!

Hope you're staying healthy and enjoying the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment