Tea Tree Essential Oil | Grishmapolitan: Tea Tree Essential Oil

Friday 18 July 2014

Tea Tree Essential Oil







Today I want to talk about the best antibiotic. 

Yep yep yep it's another post about tea tree oil.

This stuff is an antiviral, antibacterial, and an antifungal, and can treat a myriad of things. Plus it smells amazing. 

I have some products with tea tree oil in it, but I used it in its "essential oil" form for the first time last night. Just woke up and my skin feels awesome.

Here's what I did

Take off any and all makeup. Then, slip a cotton pad under running water for a sec. (Using tea tree oil without water will dry out your skin!)

Put a drop or two of the oil on the pad and pat it all over your face. Let it air dry.

Applying tea tree oil to your face before you sleep has three major benefits:

- Treats acne/kills the gunk in your pores
- Inhaling it can treat coughs and colds + it's great aromatherapy
- It can also treat a sunburn



But whatever you do, DO NOT INGEST TEA TREE OIL! Don't put it in tea, don't take a little dropper and swallow it, don't use it near wounds or open sores.

This morning, I did notice that I had some flaky patches around my cheeks, so I'm going to use a wetter cotton pad next time. I didn't wash my face this morning because I didn't want it getting more dry. Instead, I just put some moisturizer on and my skin was fine afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment