Banana-Apricot Cake | Grishmapolitan: Banana-Apricot Cake

Friday 16 May 2014

Banana-Apricot Cake

I couldn't wait to get home today because I'd been daydreaming about this cake all afternoon.

4.8/5 stars with THIRTEEN HUNDRED REVIEWS?!??

Please. Get. In. My. Mouth.

It's super easy to make, but it takes about 3 hours! Plan accordingly :) I tweaked it a little bit (I used a different frosting, and added a few flavors to the cake itself.) Here's what I did:



Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 2 1/8 cups white sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1.5 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1.5 cups buttermilk
  • 2 cups mashed bananas
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 2 tbs ground coffee <<--tweak
  • 2 tsp cardamom <<--tweak


1. Preheat oven to 275°F (I know that sounds really low, but it's part of the process!)

2. Mix mashed bananas with lemon juice, and set aside.

3. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

4. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Stir in banana mixture. Add the ground coffee and cardamom. Stir.

5. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until it passes the toothpick test.

6. Remove from oven and place directly into freezer for 45 minutes


For the frosting, I blended together apricots and cool whip! Decorate with more apricots, and you're good to go! You can see Cindy Carnes' original recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment