Pineapple-Apple-Mint Juice | Grishmapolitan: Pineapple-Apple-Mint Juice

Sunday 29 June 2014

Pineapple-Apple-Mint Juice


I've been in love with Blueprint juice for a while now. But it's hard to justify spending $11-$15 for a bottle of juice... no matter how life-changing, delicious, healthy, and magical it is. Blueprint is a treat. (The last time I drank some, I poured it into a shot glass to "savor" it. Crazy, I know.)

I bought the Pineapple-Apple-Mint juice the other day, gulped it down, and was distraught that I couldn't have this every day.

Wait, no. I can.

I decided to give juicing a try on my own, but I don't own a juicer. I have a blender and a strainer (and lots of patience.) I spent $35 on produce and herbs, and was able to make 6 batches of juice of about the same size as Blueprint. And, when you make your own, you have lots of room to experiment!

Before I went grocery shopping, I looked up which fruits are currently in season. Check your state's Farm Bureau to see what's fresh! Here's what I got:


My first concoction was an attempt to recreate the juice I had earlier this week.

Blueprint uses green apples (I think) but I wanted something a little sweeter, so I used red apples.



Juicing apples is a horrendously difficult experience without an actual juicer, so I don't think I'll be making this batch very often...


It's like trying to separate all the liquids from applesauce...

But after you strain it twice, it's delicious.

Best served chilled, poolside.


No comments:

Post a Comment